The Professional Artists Support Scheme is designed to assist artists working in all art mediums (i.e. visual art, literature, dance, film, digital media, sculpture, drama)
- Closing Date strictly Thursday 20th January 2022 at 3pm
- Please read the eligibility and criteria for this scheme.
- Only one application per artist
- Applications must be made through this online form only, hardcopy and email applications will not be accepted.
- We cannot open Google Drive or Dropbox Links - please do not include these in your application
FILLING IN THE APPLICATION
Please allow ample time to fill in the form, you can save the form as you go and submit at the end. You will be asked to upload the following:
One PDF document that must contain the following in order.
- A CV
- A detailed Budget
- Quotes/Letter from residency (i.e Tyrone Gutherie)
- Links to work (please ensure they work) and Photos of Work
IMPORTANT: You cannot submit the form and you will not get verification of submitting the application until all 'required' parts of the form are filled in or uploaded.
WHAT WE WILL FUND
Artists may only apply under one category.
Category A. Continuing Professional Development:- Maximum Grant: €500
Further training, mentoring, attendance at workshops, travel grants within Ireland and abroad.
Tyrone Guthrie Residency applications are max two- week per individual (dependent on number of applications received). Applicant will need to supply evidence of invitation from Tyrone Gutherie Centre or another nationally recognised residency to be considered for funding.
Category B. Creation of New Works and Research Grant in any genre: - Maximum Grant: €1000.00
Research and development, and or production costs for the development of new works. A detailed proposal will be required
Category C. Audience Initiatives:- Maximum Grant: €1000.00
Audience research, documenting and recording development assistance publication and exhibition assistance, arts practice development in conjunction with arts or community groups
Category D: Materials Assistance:- Maximum grant €300.00
Materials will be considered for any art form for the development of new work, applicant will need to demonstrate reason for application
We may consider additional funding but only under exceptional circumstances and if budget allows.
Covid 19:- Artist applying should consider and present alternative proposals (a plan b) in the event their initial proposal cannot be undertaken. We will also consider proposals and purchase of equipment / software that will specifically aid the artist in delivering their work to online participants/audience, under category C. The purchase of mobile phones will not be considered.
Who can apply - Professional Artists* at any stage in their career, born, who have spent their formative lives in Offaly or are currently living in Offaly. The artist is required to be on our Offaly Artist Database. The database is free and is not shared with any third party. All applicants must ensure they have a valid Tax Clearance number and access number if working within the community you are required to have public liability insurance and if working with children you are required to have child safeguarding training and child safeguarding policy/statement.
Definition of Professional Artist
*‘A Professional Artist can be defined as someone for whom their art form is their whole-time occupation or who holds a third level qualification in their field of practice or has been paid and advertised as a solo or leading performer/exhibitor in a state funded institution or has been published or produced by a recognised publisher or theatre/film company or venue or is recognised as a professional by his/her peers and received recognition in the form of commendations, rewards, awards, grants, appointments to panels, etc.
· Incomplete /late proposals, budgets and applications
· Education awards
· capital costs & purchase of mobile phones
· Application /activities for charity fund-raising purpose, for participation in a competition, trade stands or for primarily profit-making purposes.
· 15 Track record or potential in artistic ambition/innovation
· 25 Quality and artistic merit of the proposal
· 25 Potential impact on individual’s artistic /career development
· 20 Competitive context and available resources
· 15 Applicants contribution to and impact on the arts in Offaly
NOTES FOR APPLICANTS
1. Please DO give yourself plenty of time to upload and complete the online application.
2. Applications will only be accepted from individual professional artists as per our eligibility requirements – not groups or organisations.
3. Proposals must be typed to include an indication of the concept and rationale, a clear budget and samples of the artist’s work.
4. Only one application per individual artist will be accepted under one of the categories of this scheme.
5. This award is not an education bursary.
6. The award will be made in the context of a competitive assessment, the purpose of the award and selection criteria, and available resources.
7. The award is for and relating to the calendar year 2022, it must not start prior to approval and if awarded drawdown must be prior to Friday 18th November 2022.